|Season 4, Episode 8|
|Air date||November 18, 2002|
|Written by||Edward Allen Bernero|
|Directed by||Vincent Misiano|
| ← Previous|
| Next →|
Crime and Punishment (Part I)
Emily discovers just what Faith's job entails and how much her mother loves her when they are taken hostage during a bank robbery. Faith risks her life to save her daughter.
Short summary Edit
On their way to go shopping, Faith and Emily stop at a bank to get some money; Faith doesn't like automated teller machines. While they're inside, two men enter with plans to rob it. The situation goes out of control, and Faith and Emily are taken hostage along with everyone else. Faith manages to sneak a call to 9-11, alerting her coworkers to the situation. Posing as a medic, Bosco manages to get into the bank and kills the two men. The episode ends with a narration from Emily, in which she says she now has some idea of what her mother goes through each day.
Trivia & NotesEdit
- Jimmy (Eddie Cibrian), Alex (Amy Carlson), Kim (Kim Raver) and Sully (Skipp Sudduth) do not appear in this episode
- In Emily's bedroom, there is a collection of posters of musical artists, including a Goo Goo Dolls poster from their "Gutterflower" album, Disturbed and the Red Hot Chili Peppers.
- Maroon 5 "Harder To Breathe"
- Emily: We don't believe in ATMs.
- Bank Guard: What's to believe in?
- Cruz: Why do uniforms act like they've never seen a woman? Every time I'm around them I feel like I need a bath. It's like their eyes are actually leaving drool all over me.
- (When Carlos gives Bosco his uniform)
- Carlos: Jeez, it's freezing.
- Davis: Well, you're in your underwear, Carlos.
- Bosco: It's for a good cause.
- Carlos: Thank God I wore underwear today.
- Emily (voice-over): I kind of know some of what my mom's days are like now, what kind of people she's around. I wish I didn't. I know something else too. I know that my mother would actually step in front of a gun for me, because she did. How do you ever tell someone how much that means?