|Season 5, Episode 3|
|Air date||October 13, 2003|
|Written by||Janine Sherman Barrois|
|Directed by||Peter Ellis|
| ← Previous|
My Opening Farewell
| Next →|
In Lieu of Johnson
Faith goes home. Fred's mother arrives to help. Ty and Sully chase a truck that skips a checkpoint, and find themselves dealing with something quite unexpected.
Yokas clashes with her mother-in-law over her recovery; Maritza is back on the job, but is unhappy that she's back in the bag and handing out parking tickets; Ty and Sully discover a truck carrying sick illegal aliens and end up scouring the city to track down one of them who escapes after it's determined that the aliens have a highly contagious and potentially fatal disease.
- This is the first appearance of recurring role Holly Levine (played by Yvonne Jung). She and Anthony Ruivivar (Carlos) have been married since 1998 and are the parents of a son born in 2002.
- In the scene where Davis and Sully is checking trucks, Sully and Davis stops a UPS truck, they go to the back of the truck and one of the doors are already opened.
- During several of the long shots of the truck pursuit, Sully's vehicle changes from a Chevy Impala to a Ford Crown Victoria.
- Sully: Cooking always interested me. Emeril can kiss my ass!
- Swersky (to Cruz): Here’s a summons packet. I think 25 a week will do.
- Cruz: I’m a sergeant.
- Swersky: Then you should know how to fill them out.
- Cruz: If I was a guy, I would’ve been promoted off the work I did. I got more collars than anyone in this whole department.
- Swersky: Good point. Someone like you could probably get me 50.
- Davis (while inspecting a fruit truck): How are we supposed to check this crap?
- Sully: Whoa. Very carefully. Peach bombs are among the world’s most dangerous.
- Davis: I don’t think I like you like this.
- Sully: Why?
- Davis: Too happy.
- Sully: I can make you peach cobbler.
- Davis: Stop it.
- Sully: Bam!
- Bosco (to Monroe): Oh, hold on, missy. I’m Senior, I’ll tell you when we go.
- Monroe: First of all, you don’t call me missy. And second of all, the boss told me I was baby-sitting you, not taking orders from you.
- Dr. Hickman: We may be looking at Yesinia Pestis.
- Kim: What the hell is that?
- Dr. Hickman: The plague.
- Dr. Hickman: Imagine if you hadn’t found the truck and these people made it into the public. The entire city would be at risk.
- Davis: Oh, my God. The guy. When we opened the truck.
- Carlos: What?
- Sully: One of ‘em got away.
- Davis: One of ‘em got away.
- Swersky: He’s got short hair, a red shirt, and he’s sick.
- Bosco: With what?
- Swersky: I don’t know. But apparently he’s gonna be coughing a lot.
- Carlos: I always pictured myself at 75, in Vegas, cardiac arrest, couple of D cups in my face.
- Doc: You’re not dying.
- Carlos: Hmm. Maybe not like this, but tomorrow, who knows? Boom. That’s the world we live in, huh?
- Jimmy: He speak English?
- Bosco: I never got close enough to ask.
- Jimmy: What kind of disease does he have?
- Monroe: Don’t know.
- Walsh: Contagious?
- Bosco: Does it matter?
- Walsh: Maybe we should let ESU handle this.
- Bosco: (after hearing that Maritza is back in the bag) Oh, my God. This has turned into one of the best days of my life.
- Bosco: I have enough actual bad things going on right now. I'll leave the possibilities to someone else.