|Season 5, Episode 6|
|Air date||November 7, 2003|
|Written by||Scott Williams|
|Directed by||Nelson McCormick|
| ← Previous|
Goodbye to All That
| Next →|
Judge Halsted's housekeeper is injured in the blast. Munroe orders a rape kit for Cruz. The case of Letty's killer comes to court.
Judge Halsted is heartbroken when she discovers that her housekeeper was killed by the explosion; Sasha convinces Maritza to get a rape exam; Sully takes the judge to his house to keep her safe; Maritza discovers that her rapist, Thomas Warner, has a history of sexually assaulting the workers at the clinic; undeterred by yet another attack on her life, this time by a sniper, Judge Halsted insists on presiding at the preliminary hearing of Gary Barnes, the drug dealer who the police suspect is behind the attempts on her life; Faith visits a psychiatrist and unloads her anger at Bosco and Maritza; after Maritza testifies at the hearing, Judge Halsted rules that Barnes can be held over for trial for the death of Lettie Cruz. When Sully sees Barnes signal a spectator in the court room, he and Ty follow him to a house where they see him join the man who delivered the bomb to Judge Halsted's house; the perps, armed with a detonator, threaten to blow up the block with the explosives they claim are in the house and force Ty to hand over his gun after he attempts to arrest them; Sully comes from the back of the house and fires.
- Doc (Michael Beach), Jimmy (Eddie Cibrian) and Emily (Bonnie Dennison) do not appear in this episode.
- Apart from the rape, Cruz also suffers from a strained rotator cuff.
- Ty: 55-Charlie, what's the ETA on that back up and ESU?
- Central: (over radio) Standby Charlie.
- Ty: You want me to tell the bad guys to standby?
- Faith: And then my partner Bosco, he was like Mr. Cool when he got the assignment, he flew right up to Anti-Crime, you know. He leaves me to bounce around with whoever no body else wants to be with and then when everything goes wrong, who does he come back to? Me, I gotta fix everything. My partner, he dumps me and this upstairs, loud mouth, high riding, corrupt cop turns my partner into a criminal.
- Ty: Oh I don't know about the guy, Hank, but I hear the lady's pretty good at her job.
- Carlos: Don't you guys have anyone else to shoot?
- Ty: Don't tempt me, man.
- Judge Halsted: I was just wondering what it cost the city for eight police officers guarding one judge full time?
- Sully: If we can't protect somebody like a judge, we haven't got much of a city anyway.
- Monroe: I know that was hard. This was not your fault, you have nothing to be ashamed of.
- Cruz: Stop treating me like I'm just another vic. I'm anything but.